Sunday, May 11, 2008

Melaleuca: The Wellness Company and Trust

A key concept in the marketing world is Trust. But what does this mean? This means that when a customer choses your brand or grabs your product they are trusting that it meets certain expectations and criteria. Let's take one of my favorite companies, Kashi. Why do I love Kashi? Because I like to be healthy. I believe in having an energized, healthy balanced life - all the things Kashi embraces. While I don't like to diet, I love choosing the healthy alternative. I reach for Kashi knowing I will get a product full with a nutritional boost and packed with grains. I have always gotten just that.

Getting back to Melaleuca whose tagline is: A Wellness Company...

I reached for the FiberWise bar from Melaleuca and bang-boom...I happen to turn it over to look at the Nutritional Information and I find - High Fructose Corn Syrup. Trust Broken. Now I look twice when considering Melaleuca products. In a world of competition, it doesn't matter if customers still purchase your product. It is important that they chose your product every time without hesitation - this is why Trust is so important.

No comments: